- 1 large onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed pepper
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup oil for deep frying
Got Olympic fever? Onion has long been used as a remedy for numerous conditions including the cold & the flu. Consider this easy-to-make onion ring recipe as a cure, which can also prove to be a great snack if you’re planning an Olympics lime.
1. Cut onion in 1/4″ thick rings and separate the rings.
2. Beat egg with salt, pepper and milk.
3. Mix together flour and bread crumbs in a bowl.
4. Dip onion rings singly in the egg batter, then coat in dry mixture.
5. Deep-fry in heated oil for 1/2 minute or until golden brown, then flip and continue cooking another 1/2 minute.
6. Remove from oil & drain on paper towel. Serve hot.