- 1 lb green ginger
- 10 cups cold water
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves
Along with Sorrel, Ginger Beer is another traditional drink that you see around Christmas time. It is an acquired taste but once you do acquire the taste, you cant get enough! It’s not like traditional beer as the fermentation period is about one day to one week depending on how strong you like it.
- Wash, peel and grate ginger.
- Peel and juice lime; keep the rind.
- Mix ginger, water, cloves, lime juice and the rind.
- Pour this mixture into clean glass bottles and leave to ferment for about one day, preferably in the sun. More time = stronger drink.
- Strain the ginger beer and sweeten to taste with cane sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Place crushed ice in glass (not plastic!) and served chilled!
- trinidad ginger beer
- ginger beer recipe
- how to make ginger beer trinidad style
- ginger beer recipe trinidad
- how to make trinidad ginger beer
- recipe for trinidad ginger beer
- ginger beer trinidad recipe
- ginger beer recipe trinidad style
- trini ginger beer
- traditional jamaican ginger beer recipe leave outside in sun