- ½ cup black eyes peas
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 100 grams salted meat or fish
- 1 small onion
- pepper, to taste
- 3 green bananas
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium dasheen
- 2 medium eddoes
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 young corn, cut into 1-inch medallions
- 2 tbsp. chopped green seasoning
- 4 ochroes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ripe pimentos, sliced
- 1 medium sweet pepper, cubed
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. soup mix
- salt, to taste
1. Soak peas overnight. Then boil on low heat for 1 hour or until cooked. Set aside.
2. Cut saltfish or salted meat into chunks, boil for 5 minute and squeeze out excess water. In a large pot, sauté in hot oil until golden brown.
3. Add onion & pepper to the mix & sauté.
4. Cut potato, sweet potato, dasheen, eddoes and green bananas into small pieces. Add to the pot and stir.
5. Add boiled black eyed peas & cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add carrots, corn, sweet pepper, pimento, ochro, green seasoning, pumpkin and soup mix. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add dumplings and allow to cook for another 5 minutes. (See http://naparimacookbook.com/dumpling-with-salfish-tomato/ for dumpling recipe).
8. Adjust salt. Serve hot.